- Initial dose up to 12 mg rapid IV bolus
- 12 mg within 1-2 minutes of continuing SVT – given rapid IV bolus
- 12 mg dosage may be repeated once in 1-2 minutes to maximum dose of 36 mg
- 0.1 mg/kg (over 1 to 2 sec) IV followed by rapid saline flush. Max initial dose 6 mg.
- 0.2 mg/kg within 1-2 minutes of continuing SVT – given rapid IV bolus. Max single dose 12 mg.
- Slows conduction time through the A-V node
- Interruption of reentry pathways through the A-V node
- Restoration of NSR in patients with PSVT
- Second or third degree A-V block
- Short-lasting first, second or third degree AV block
- Transient Asystole
- Various arrhythmias lasting only a few seconds
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- The onset of the effect is generally within less than one minute
- Reported adverse experiences are predictable, short lived and easily