- Acute bronchospasm
- Cardiac arrest associated with asthma
- Handheld nebulizer OR Nebulizer Mask Or via ET Tube Connection Per Medical Order or Standing Order / Protocol.
- All patients regardless of age: May receive a dosage of up to a maximum of 1cc (5mg) of aerosolized Albuterol with no on-line medical control. Repeat treatments of aerosolized Albuterol per Local protocol.
- Decreases bronchospasm; Improves pulmonary function
- Hypersensitivity to any of the contents of the inhalation solution
- Tremor; Dizziness; Nervousness; Headache; Nausea; Tachycardia; Bronchospasm
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- Repeat treatments of aerosolized Albuterol per Local protocol.
- When administering via endotracheal tube, the maximum dosage may be doubled to 2 cc. For Bronchospasm associated with COPD refractory to Albuterol, DUONEB may be administered via nebulizer. DUONEB is a premixed solution of 0.5 mg Ipratropium Bromide/3 mg Albuterol Sulfate. ONE DOSE MAY BE ADMINISTERED PER STANDING ORDERS. REPEAT DOSES REQUIRE DIRECT MEDICAL CONTROL ORDER.