- Shock resistant V-fib or pulseless V-Tac, Unstable V-Tach
- Hypersensitivity to any of the contents
- Unmanaged cardiogenic shock
- Marked sinus bradycardia
- 2nd or 3rd degree AV blocks
- Hypotension, bradycardia, AV block, asystole, PEA, hypertoxicity
- 300mg IV/IO bolus; repeat once at 150mg IV/IO bolus
VT with pulse:
- 150mg in 50mL NS or D5W administered through a 10 gtt set over 10 minutes.
- May repeat once if patient remains in unstable VT to a total dose of 300mg over 20 minutes.
- 1mg/minute = 150mg in 50 mL NS or D5, administered through a 60 gtt set at 20 gtts per minute.
Termination of VF/VT:
- 5mg/kg IV/IO over 20 minutes
- Place amount of medication in 50 mL of NS or D5W, administered through a 10 gtt set over 20 minutes.
- Repeat doses of 5mg/kg IV/IO over 20 minutes; maximum 15mg/kg