Arterial Access Line Maintenance
- Transport of a patient with an existing arterial line.
- Make certain arterial line is secured prior to transport, including intersection of arterial catheter and IV/Monitoring lines.
- Use available equipment for monitoring of arterial pressures via arterial line.
- Do not use the arterial line for administration of any fluids or medications.
- If there is any question regarding dislodgement of the arterial line and bleeding results, remove the line and apply direct pressure over the site for at least five minutes before checking to ensure hemostasis.