- Rate Control in Refractory Atrial Fibrillation and SVT
- 20 mg IV/IO over 2 minutes if systolic BP ≥ 90 mmHg
- if uncontrolled after 15 minutes from initial sode, administer 25 mg IV/IO over 2 minutes if systolic BP ≥ 90 mmHg.
- The therapeutic effects of Diltiazem appear related to its ability to inhibit the influx of calcium ions during membrane depolarization of cardiac and vascular smooth muscle.
- These effects may be seen as slowing of conduction times at the SA or AV nodes.
- Concurrent or Recent use of Beta Blockers