CNS Catheter Epidural Maintenance
- Presence of an epidural catheter in a patient requiring transport
- Prior to transport, ensure catheter is secure and that transport personnel are familiar with medication(s) being delivered and devices used to control medication administration.
- No adjustments in catheter position are to be attempted.
- No adjustments in medication dosage or administration are to be attempted without direct approval from on-line medical control.
- Report any complications immediately to on-line medical control.
- Document the time and dose of any medication administration or rate adjustment in the patient care report (PCR).