CNS Catheter Intraventricular
- Transport of a patient with an intraventricular catheter in place
- Prior to transport, ensure the catheter is secure.
- Prior to transport, determine from the referring hospital/physician the desired patient position (e.g., supine, head of bed elevated 30 degrees, etc.).
- Prior to transport, determine the height at which the drain is to be maintained, given the patient position desired from #2 above (if applicable).
- Do not manipulate or move the drain.
- If the patient or height of the drain is altered, immediately correct based on the predetermined configuration in step 2 and 3 above.
- Report any problems immediately to on-line medical control.
- Document the time and any adjustments or problems in the patient care report (PCR).