- Severe pain in selective situations
ADMINISTRATION: IV, IM, IO
- 2 mcg/kg IV/IO/IM up to 100 mcg. May repeat once in 5 minutes. Max Dose = 100 mcg.
- 1 mcg/kg IV/IO/IM up to 50 mcg. May repeat once in 5 minutes. Max Dose = 100 mcg
- Direct Medical Control Order for ages ≤ 5 years of age.
- CNS depressant
- Binds to various opiate receptors for producing analgesia and sedation
- Decreases sensitivity to pain
- Severe Head Injury
- Asthma and End-Stage Lung Disease
- Respiratory Depression
- Untreated Hypotension
- Respiratory depression
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- **Direct Medical Control Order for ages ≤ 5 years old**