Midazolam - Versed
- Major Motor Seizures
- Status epilepticus
- Pre-Medication prior to cardioversion or Transcutaneous Pacing
- Skeletal muscle relaxant
- Acute Anxiety States
- Medication for combative patients and difficult intubations
- NON-RSI Indications:
- 0.5 mg – 2.5 initial dose.
- RSI Indications:
- -02 - .05 mg/kg not to exceed 5 mg
- For administration of initial dose of Versed consider decreased dose if systolic BP is 80 – 100 mm hg
- After successful intubation / airway control, additional IV Versed may be administered based on patient effect up to a total of 10 mg IV.
- Repeat doses may be administered with Direct Medical Order.
- Short-acting benzodiazepine CNS depressant
- Short-term sedation
- Postoperative amnesia
- Hypersensitivity to versed
- Renal Failure
- Cardiac arrhythmias
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- Impairs memory in 90% of patients.
- Flumazenil will reverse sedative effects.
RSI MAY BE initiated by Standing Order or Protocol.
It is RECOMMENDED – where feasible – that On-Line Medical Control be obtained prior to initiation – but this should not supercede the appropriate care of the patient
- 100% QI / PI is required for ALL RSI runs.