- Major Motor Seizures
- Status epilepticus
- Pre-Medication prior to cardioversion or Transcutaneous Pacing
- Skeletal muscle relaxant
- Acute Anxiety States
- Medication for combative patients and difficult intubations
- 0.1 mg/kg IM, maximum 5 mg
- Short-acting benzodiazepine CNS depressant
- Short-term sedation
- Postoperative amnesia
- Hypersensitivity to versed
- Renal Failure
- Cardiac arrhythmias
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- Impairs memory in 90% of patients.
- Flumazenil will reverse sedative effects.
RSI MAY BE initiated by Standing Order or Protocol.
It is RECOMMENDED – where feasible – that On-Line Medical Control be obtained prior to initiation – but this should not supercede the appropriate care of the patient
- 100% QI / PI is required for ALL RSI runs.