Nitro-Bid, Nitrostat, Nitro
- Chest pain consistent with acute coronary symptoms.
- Pulmonary edema
- Sprayed under tongue on mucous membrane or given sublingual
- 0.4 mg/metered dose, Spray 1 or 2 metered doses directly on the oral mucosa under the tongue; may repeat every 5 minutes while symptoms persist
- Tablet 0.3 - 0.4 mg; may be repeated every 5 minutes while symptoms persist.
- Apply in ½” to 1” thin layer to patient’s skin by means of the dose measured applicator supplied with the tube
- DO NOT RUB THE PASTE INTO THE SKIN
- Dilates coronary and systemic arteries
- Increased Intracranial Pressure (ICP)
- Use of VIAGRA within previous 24 Hours
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- Monitor BP closely before and after administration
- Should not be administered if VIAGRA has been used within the preceding 24 hours.