A patient is defined as any person who meets ANY of the following criteria:
- Receives basic or advanced medical/trauma treatment
- Is physically examined
- Has visible signs of injury or illness or has a medical complaint
- Requires EMS assistance to change locations and/or position
- Identified by anyone as a possible patient because of some known, or reasonably suspected illness or injury
- Has a personal medical device evaluated or manipulated by EMS
- Requests EMS assistance with the administration of personal medications or treatment.