- Croup (Laryngotracheobronchitis)
- Not indicated for adult patients
- 0.5 ml (diluted to 3.0 ml with NS)
- Only use initially and not repeated
- Physician in the receiving ED should be notified that treatment has been administered
- Bronchodilation from B2 receptor stimulation
- Should not be used in the management of epiglottitis
- Can result in tachycardia and possible arrhythmias
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- Usually supplied in vials of 0.5 ML (13.5 mg of drug). Dilute with 3 ml of NS.
- Physician in receiving ED should be notified that treatment has been administered.