- EMS providers shall assess each adult and pediatric trauma patient using the following criteria
- upon contact.
- Once a level 1, 2, or 3 trauma alert patient is identified in the field through assessment, a crew member must contact GMH via recorded line as soon as practical and provide a report using the M.I.S.T format. The words “Trauma Alert” must be included in the report.
All patients meeting the criteria list below (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 Trauma alert) shall be transport to Greenville Memorial Hospital (Level 1 Trauma Center).
- Follow 12.15 for complete criteria for Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3.
- If patient refuses transport to GMH and is deemed a “Trauma Alert” by the EMS professional, a refusal must be signed for alternate transport destination after explaining the risk of “life and limb” to the patient.
- Upon arrival in the Trauma bay EMS personnel will repeat the M.I.S.T report to the trauma team.
- To ensure the patient receives the appropriate care following traumatic injuries.
= Mechanism of Injury:
- Entrapment duration (PRN)
= Injuries Sustained (Airway):
- Injuries identified or suspected
= Vital Signs and GCS
- Current VS and O2 sat
- Lowest Bp
= Treatment (What did EMS do?)
- IV's - location/size
- Fluids/Blood - type and volume infused
- Procedures (include meds)