- Facilitates endotracheal intubation by paralysis of skeletal muscle
- To increase pulmonary compliance during mechanical ventilation
- 0.1mg/kg over 30-60 seconds
- Onset of 2-3 min., duration of 25-30 min.
- Prevents neuromuscular transmission by blocking the effect of acetylcholine at the myoneural junction
- Skeletal muscle paralysis
- Hypersensitivity to vecuronium
- No side effects have occurred except with overdoses
SPECIAL NOTES / RESTRICTIONS:
- Paralysis may be prolonged by succinylcholine, quinidine, and beta blockers
RSI MAY BE initiated by Standing Order or Protocol. It is RECOMMENDED – where feasible – that On-Line Medical Control be obtained prior to initiation – but this should not supercede the appropriate care of the patient.
- 100% QI / PI is required for ALL RSI runs.